RDS – Red Dot Sight Pistol
This course is designed specifically for the red dot sight pistol shooter. Whether you have just transitioned to an RDS or have been shooting with one for a while, this class is for you. In this class we will discuss the advantages and considerations for mounting a red dot sight on a handgun. We will start with zero procedures and sight acquisition from the draw stroke to the trigger squeeze. We will then progress to multiple drills that will enhance your ability to shoot with an RDS on your handgun.
This is a level 2 (intermediate) course. Students should have a firm grasp on the fundamental firearms safety rules and should be comfortable shooting in a group and from multiple positions and while moving.
Who should attend:
This is an intermediate level workshop. Participants should be comfortable with their weapon systems and equipment and have a firm grasp on the fundamental firearms safety rules and weapons handling skills.
- The survival/combat mindset
- Situational awareness
- Drawing your handgun from a holster
- Combat RDS marksmanship fundamentals
- Practical accuracy
- Multiple target drills
- Stress courses
- And More...
General Public: $199.00 Members: $149.99 USD
Participants are responsible for their own travel, accommodations, and personal insurance (if desired). Accepted applicants will be notified as early as possible to allow ample time for arrangements and reservations.
Each applicant will be required to bring the following gear items. Gear is also available for rent upon request:
- A serviceable handgun with red dot sight
- 2 magazines (Minimum. 3 Recommended)
- Quality holster and magazine pouch (Battle belts and drop holsters are ok)
- Minimum of 300 rounds of commercially manufactured ammunition (No reloads please)
- Appropriate attire. We will shoot rain or shine.
Available for purchase/rent: