Carbine 2 – Advanced Carbine
This is an intermediate level carbine class. The goal of this course is to make the student more proficient with a fighting rifle in various applications. We will cover weapon operation and handling as well as proper zeroing techniques for battle rifles and the various advantages and disadvantages of different zeroing ranges.
Upon completion of this class the student will be proficient with a fighting rifle and understand its basic operation, employment and limitations in self-defense, home protection, or combat applications.
Who should attend:
This is an intermediate level carbine class. The goal of this course is to make the student more proficient with a fighting rifle in various applications. Subject include:
- The survival/combat mindset
- Situational awareness
- Threat identification and avoidance
- Rifle setup to include sling setup
- Advanced shooting positions and sling management
- Zero procedures with iron sights as well as optics
- Barricade and vehicle applications
- Moving and shooting with others
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Practical accuracy
- Correcting malfunctions
- Recoil management
$199.00 (Members $149.95)
Participants are responsible for their own travel, accommodations, and personal insurance (if desired). Accepted applicants will be notified as early as possible to allow ample time for arrangements and reservations.
Each applicant will be required to bring the following gear items. Gear is also available for rent upon request:
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- A quality AR or AK style rifle with a sling
- Plate carrier and/or battle belt
- Minimum of 300 rounds of commercially manufactured ammunition (No reloads please)
- Appropriate attire. We will shoot rain or shine.
- Food and water
Available for purchase/rent: